Hotel Sheraton Bogota, Colombia
Cl. 25B #Nº 69 C-80, Bogotá, Cundinamarca
Located in the new business center of Bogota in the Salitre section, Sheraton Bogota Hotel puts you within reach of everything you need – shopping, business centers, recreational activities, and more. A few blocks away, you will find the Salitre Plaza and the Gran Estacion commercial centers, the El Dorado International airport, and the Industrial Zone where major businesses have established their headquarters. Whether you’re visiting Colombia for business or pleasure, enjoy the comfort of the Sheraton Bogota Hotel. The hotel is so close to the aiport arount 15 minutes by car approximatly.
Hosting City: Bogota, Colombia
Bogotá is the capital of and largest city in Colombia. It is a place of convergence for people from all around the country and is therefore diverse and multicultural. Within this city, the past and present come together.
The city is also very green thanks to its parks and the hills that extend along its eastern boundary, dwarfed by their two highest points, Monserrate and Guadalupe. The landscape that the people of Bogotá enjoy daily—the sea of green that makes up the Andes mountain range, rising up in the east—would be nearly impossible to find in any other large city.
But Bogotá also has the colors of modern buildings and authentic colonial roof tiles that are a true historical treasure from the colonial era.
Thanks to this fusion of the past and present, Bogotá is an ideal location with history, entertainment, delicious cuisine, culture, business, and much more.
Bogotá’s location in Colombia or where Bogotá is a simple answer. The capital of Colombia is located in one of the six regions of the country, the Andean Region, which is located throughout the center of the Colombian territory. In the Cundiboyacense plateau and on the savanna that bears its name at an altitude or elevation of 2,600 meters above the sea level.
Bogotá is the melting pot of Colombia. Here, all the cultures from different regions of the country have a place, from the cuisine of the Coffee Triangle to the exhilaration and joy of the Caribbean, or the artisanal heritage of Boyacá and the Valle de Cauca Festival. Bogotá brings together the best of Colombia, and for that reason, it should be at the top your list of places to visit.
Getting to and around Bogota
You’ll be landing at El Dorado International Airport (BOG), also known as Bogotá International Airport, situated about eight miles (13km) away from the city center. Keep in mind that Bogotá Airport has two terminals: El Dorado terminal, which services domestic and international flights, and Puente Aéreo terminal, which is for Avianca flights only (Colombia’s flag airline carrier).
From BOG to Bogotá by taxi:
Well-regulated, safe, and affordable, taxis are the most convenient way out of the airport. Locate the taxi booth near the international arrivals terminal and purchase a ticket voucher. The price will be printed on the voucher (average fare is around $13) and simply present the voucher to any taxi driver at the curb. Upon arrival at your hotel, you pay the taxi driver only the price printed on the voucher. Its simple, easy and headache free!
From BOG to Bogotá by airport shuttle:
This may be the most efficient and economical way to travel from the airport to the city. The airport offers a free shuttle (5am-11pm, leaves every 20 minutes), featuring multiple stops including connections between terminals (takes approx. 15min). Hop on the shuttle from the “Alimentador” stop (located in front of the main terminal or at the Puente Aéreo terminal if you flew in with Avianca) and the shuttle will stop at El Dorado station, where you can take the TransMilenio – Bogotá’s bus rapid transit (BRT), to your destination. Only passengers with small luggage and a Tullave card (to purchase a card ask for un tarjeta azul or “one blue card” at any TransMilenio station) can board, which costs around COP$2400 or USD$0.54 for one-way fare.
- The airport is a short 15-minute drive from the hotel.
- Car rental companies offer on-site pickup options at the Ground Transportation Center, located on the airport.
- Taxi service is available at the first floor of International Dorado Airport specificlly, when you go out of the Airport. You can use several APPs (taxis libres, cabify, Easy Taxy) or you can take the authorized taxis, even, you can see a small line of people to get the taxi. As regard to the costs the taxis incorporate an electronic module that you can see a number that will be change during the trip, .
- You can use public transportation through Transmilenio System, you can downloand TransmiApp.
Getting to the Conference venue
Bogota is the official venue of the IEEE ICVES 2022 Conference. Located in the Ciudad Salitre Occidental, Bogota places you near the city’s top attractions.
The International Airport (el Dorado) is 6.5 Kilometers away from Hotel
Limitation of Liability
The ICVES 2022 reserves the right to cancel ICVES 2022 without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the ICVES 2022 which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”.
For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any act of nature such as fire, earthquake, hurricane, flood or adverse weather conditions;
- Any war, conflict, strike, or other action of any kind;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment including Power failure;
- Any failure of the ICVES 2022 service provider to fully carry out their obligation towards the ICVES 2022 Organizer;
- Terrorist attack and/or a Cyber attack;
- Promulgation of any relevant legislation or regulation by local, state or federal governments;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for the ICVES 2022 Organizer to cancel the ICVES 2022 conference.
In such cases, the ICVES 2022 Conference Organizer is freed of all responsibility and shall only be obliged to reimburse the payments received subject to deduction of any costs it has incurred in preparing the event and processing registration fee payments. This limited liability only extends to the payments made directly to the ICVES 2022 and not to payments made by the attendees to the hotel or airlines.